A comprehensive insurance package for privately-owned or rented offices.
Office Insurance includes a series of insurance covers satisfying the insurance needs of every office owner or tenant. Under this insurance pack the insured may cover his/her property (building and/or contents) his/her legal liability as an employer, his/her public liability as well as his/her other needs under the basic or the optional covers of the insurance pack thus enjoying the most comprehensive and global cover.
What does the Office Insurance cover?
The Policy covers:
- Accidental loss of or damage to the Building and its Contents (furniture, equipment, machinery, computers, books, documents, tenants improvement and declaration, personal effects and personal clothing of the employees, paintings etc.) contained in the Building caused by insured perils, as described in paragraph "Building and contents Insurance - Basic Covers".
- The legal liability of the Insured for the payment of damages to other persons in respect of accidental bodily injury (including death, disease or illness) or accidental loss of or damage to material property happening in connection with the Insured’s business.
- The legal liability of the Insured for the payment of damages to his/her employees in respect of bodily injury (including death, disease or illness) arising out of and in the course of their employment by the Insured in the business.
- Loss of money from the office (from a safe or elsewhere) and during their transfer (from and to the bank or elsewhere), loss of or damage to a safe, clothing and personal effects as well as death, permanent or temporary total disablement and medical expenses sustained by the Insured or his/her’s employee(s) solely and directly as a result of robbery or hold up or attempt thereat while the Insured or his/her employee(s) is/are engaged in the business.
The following optional covers are also offered:
- Loss of Gross Profit as a result of the total or partial interruption of the office’s operation due to loss of or damage to the Contents and/or the Building caused by an insured peril, payment of additional expenses for the purpose of limiting this interruption such as use of temporary premises, rental of furniture, spare parts or telephones and payment of audit fees for the preparation of the necessary documents following a claim.
- Loss of money or goods belonging to or held in trust by the Insured caused by any act of fraud or dishonesty committed by any employee in connection with his employment.
- Accidental bodily injury, resulting death and loss of limb(s) or loss of eye(s) and permanent or temporary total disablement of the Insured or his/her employees while engaged in their occupation in the business.
- Accidental breakage of glass fixtures, mirrors, neon signs and sanitary textures.
- Accidental loss of or destruction of or damage to office machinery (photocopiers, computer etc) happening while in the office.
What does the Office Insurance exclude?
The policy is subject to certain exclusions, some of which are:
- War, acts of terrorism, loss, damage or liability arising from nuclear weapons material and radioactive contamination.
- Subsidence and landslide.
- Bullion, unset precious stones, precious metal, any picture curio or other work of art, plans, drawings, designs, securities.
- Robbery or theft of money by the employees or from unattended vehicle.
- Liability of the Insured arising out of his negligent acts or omissions carried out by the Insured in his professional capacity.
- Liability of the Insured arising out of the ownership, use or possession of mechanically propelled vehicles.
Who can Benefit from the Office insurance?
Owners (who use the insured offices) or tenants of offices
Some Advantages of the Office Insurance
- Replacement of destroyed property by a new one (excluding computers purchased over two years earlier, documents, archives, books, clothing and personal effects)
- Automatic increase of the Sum Insured each year.
- Automatic extension of the cover to include alternations, additions and improvements to buildings, machinery and plant.
- Reduced premium for long-term cooperation agreement to renew the Policy.
Building and Contents Insurance – Basic Covers
The Policy covers loss or damage caused by:
- Fire, lightning
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption
- Storm, hurricane
- Bursting of water pipes or overflowing of water tanks
- Malicious damage
- Theft consequent upon burglary
- Impact by vehicles or aircraft
- Fall of television or radio antennae, masts, towers
- Automatic increase of the Sum Insured each year
- Automatic reinstatement of the Sum Insured following any claim
- Automatic extension of the cover to include alterations, additions and improvements
- Architects’, Surveyors’, consulting Engineers’ and Legal fees necessarily incurred in there instatement of the Building.
- Expenses for removal of debris and demolition following loss or damage caused by any of the insured perils
- Loss of rent as a result of loss or damage by the above risks.
Building and Contents Insurance – Optional Covers
The Office Insurance Policy is dealt under Accident, General Liability, Insurance against Fire and other Damage to Property and Miscallaneous Financial Loss Classes.
The Insurance Policy can be supplied from our office Neoklis N. Thoma Insurance Agency Ltd
. Be certain that you agree with the terms of the Insurance Policy and actuarial needs. It is important for your benefit to declare the Insurance proposal all the information that is asked, as well as the actual amount that corresponds to the value of your property. Back